In case of women, diabetes can be very hard and may affect both the pregnant ladies and children and thus it becomes very important to know the causes of diabetes, right from the beginning. Diabetes is supposed to have some sort of difficulties in the pregnant women which can result in miscarriage or babies with birth defects. On the other hand, women suffering with diabetes at the younger age may possibly be the victim of heart diseases like attacks. It should be noted here that pregnancy in women often brings the visit of gestational diabetes in 18% cases of pregnancy but disappears soon as the pregnancy ends. In case of diabetes, the body often faces problems related to the production, management and utilization of insulin, which serves as the sole hormone for the conversation of starches and sugars into energy.
Causes of Diabetes:
Whenever human body becomes resistant to the insulin hormone or when enough insulin is not produced by pancreas, type II diabetes will erupt automatically. The exact cause of such happening in humans has not been uncovered but inactivity and obesity or excess weight are supposed to be the major factors. The function of insulin is to allow the bloodstream sugars to enter into cells by unlocking microscopic doors. Insulin secretion will automatically reduce when sugar levels in blood decreases.
Symptoms of Type I Diabetes:
- Increased urination
- Dry mouth
- Rapid weight loss
- Frequent vaginal infections
- Yeast infections
- Nausea and vomiting
- Cuts or sores with slow-healing feature
- Skin itching in vaginal or groin area
- Blurred vision
Symptoms of Type II Diabetes:
- Unusual loss or gain in weight
- Extreme tiredness
- Extreme thirst
- Increased frequency of urination
It should be noted here that type II diabetes symptoms are often recognized after routine and scheduled screening.
Diabetes tests & exams
Usually, non-pregnant women and children are preferred for the fasting blood glucose test in the morning time, which is considered more reliable and accurate.
Treatments for diabetes
There is no denying the fact that lifelong commitment will be required to treat any kind or type of diabetes in women or men alike. For this, different kinds of treatments are available today which comprise of:
- Healthy and balanced diet
- Insulin therapy
- Diabetes medication
- Scheduled exercise regimes on regular basis
- Monitoring of blood sugar levels
You must also try to assess the fluctuation of blood sugar levels in contrast to:
- Physical activity
- Particular medication type
- Specific food type
- Hormone levels during or after menstrual cycle
Problems and life-threatening effects of diabetes:
- Diabetic patients can easily end up with blurred vision, increased sensitivity to light, eye problems and at the last; blindness.
- Body nerves can get damaged, resulting in excess pain, tingling and loss of feeling.
- Development of sores and infections in feet or skin is quite random and rampant in diabetic people which will heal very slowly.
- Higher levels of blood sugar can easily end with kidney damage.
- Diabetes has long been linked with strokes, cardiovascular and heart diseases.