Digestive health disorders are of many kinds which tend to affect a major section of women that it usually does to men at different stages of lifespan. The factors may be attributed to to the gender related and biological differences which arise in both sexes that may result in liver or gastrointestinal problems with an increased frequency. Digestion is the more frequent, critical and important process of human health which occurs several times a day. Some of the women, either household or working have complained of changing digestive patterns which owe to age and gender issues. Dependence of digestive health disorders can also be due to change in the level of hormones at different stages of life such as during menstrual cycle which leads to looser bowel movement or even constipation. It should be noted here that digestive problems like constipation can be directly associated with several factors rampant in women such as medication pills, activity levels, stress and diet concerns.
Causes or affecting factors for the digestive issues in women
- Menopause: It has been reported that several digestive health changes can occur at the time of menopause due to hormonal changes. Digestive orders such as bowel movements shift, bloating and gas may be some common occurrences in women at this stage.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is also a factor for changes in digestive health patterns in women which may result in heartburn and bowel movement changes. Pregnant women face common symptoms of painful constipation, bowel movements, heartburn and increased abdomen pressure with serious consequences like vomiting and nausea.
- Colon cancer: Screening for the colon cancer in women should be initiated at the age of 50 which may also affect digestive health patterns, due to change in age and eating habits. Women suffering with gynecologic tumors may develop signs of colon cancer thus; immediate screening is recommended.
Common digestive health disorders and symptoms in women
- Abdominal pain
- Gallbladder disease
- Functional bowel and bowel movement disorders may comprise of:
- Irritable bowel syndromes
- Loss of bowel control
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Pelvic floor disorder
- Liver diseases
- Defecation & incontinence disorders
Effective management of digestive health disorders or issues in women
Most of the doctors and physicians recommend for the similar steps of medications or precautions which are otherwise offered in other chronic diseases. These steps will make you feel better, pleasant and comfortable with your bowels and digestive health patterns that change throughout lifespan. Make endeavors to:
- Take fibrous food
- Include fluids and fruits in balanced diet
- Try to maintain a healthy weight
- Probiotic-rich food should be included in diet
- Maintain body activeness till the last stage
Treatment of digestive disorders
Various types of treatments are offered to get rid of digestive health patterns and issues which greatly rely on the type of disease or symptom seen in the women patients. However, following the are most recommended treatment options or steps for such disorders:
- Nutrition consultations
- Mind body therapies
- Therapeutic massage