Anxiety is a term which is used for several disorders that causes fear, apprehension, worrying and nervousness. The common reason when a person suffer from these causes of anxiety are before facing a exam, interview or recital or test because of his worry that whether he will be able to handle the situation accurately or starts assuming the predefined results which shows these signs on his physic and behavior. Anxiety could not be defined in a single way in fact there are different types of anxiety that are seen on human being or different reasons and these are as follows:-
- [GAD]Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Under this anxiety the sufferer faces long lasting or excessive anxiety and worry regarding nonspecific life events, situations or objects. The sufferer also worries for his work, money, school, health or family which is unrealistic because of probable failure and disaster regarding daily functions of life.
- Panic Disorder: Panic disorder is a anxiety under which the sufferer have sudden attack of intense terror which leads to confusion, shaking, nausea, difficulty breathing and dizziness. It usually occurs after experiencing frightening or prolonged stress and may be spontaneous also.
- Phobia: Phobia is an illogical fear and avoidance from any object or situation and the fear may be unreasonable or irrational but the person is not at all able to control it and then it results in anxiety.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Under this the person feels fear of public embarrassment and avoids coming in those situation where he could be negatively judged by anyone. In fact they face stage fear, fear of humiliation and fear of intimacy which is called social phobia.
- [OCD]Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: It is an anxiety disorder where the sufferer’s actions are repetitive, intrusive and distressing which is irrational and unreasonable as well. The sufferer might constantly checks locks, light switches, stoves, hands or cleans personal items.
- [PTSD]Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: This anxiety results from previous trauma such as rape, serious accident, hostage situation and military combat. It leads to behavioral changes or flashbacks to avoid certain stimuli.
- Separation Anxiety Disorder: It is the high level of anxiety when the person separates from a particular place or another person and which ultimately results in panic.
Symptoms of Anxiety
When a person suffers from anxiety there are some symptoms which could be seen in his behavior or body and these are as follows:
- Tense muscles
- Churning stomach
- Heart palpitations
How to manage Anxiety?
When a person suffers from any disease then there are various ways to manage or handle it with this his problem could be cured or he could face it in a better way. Some there are some ways through a person can feel better at the time of facing Anxiety and these are as follows:-
- Learn relaxation techniques.
- Learn to handle stress in life.
- Take better care of your physical self.
- Put into practice deep Abdominal breathing.
- Learn to replace negative thoughts with self talking.