It is really essentially for all women to take care of the sexual health so that they are physically and emotionally fit and happy. Talking about sexual drives, emotions, libido and issues will definitely promote intense relationships with the life partner and offers you a greater level of sexual fulfillment. Sexual health cannot be achieved by magic rather healthy communication and self-reflection do play important role in making your sexual life healthier and happier. It should be noted here that women have got a different approach for sexual drive, unlike men who are often triggered by physical desire which results in ultimate arousal and orgasm. In most of the cases, women feel sexual desire to show closeness and feelings for the sex partner which is definitely true in case of men. However, the recent study has claimed that women even at the younger age of 40 lose their libido force and sexual intent, which is not a good indication for the sexual health.
Major causes of sexual problems:
There are multiple causes of sexual problems which can ultimately end in sexual dysfunction. Of course, women should get acquainted with these causes and risk factors so that they can treat them with efficacy and immediate actions, whether therapeutically or medically!
- Chronic diseases: liver failure or kidney disease
- Neurological disease
- Heart disease
- Drug abuse and excess alcoholism
- Hormonal imbalances
- Sexual function and desire can also be affected by intake of some sort of medications which cause side effects such as anti-depressant drugs.
- Relationship or marital problems
- Work and family level stress
- Past-sexual trauma effects
- Sexual performance concerns
- Guilt feelings
Effects of sexual dysfunction on women
Well, there are several ways by which women get affected due to sexual health issues or any kind of sexual dysfunction. Some of the most prominent results of women sexual dysfunction are discussed below:
- Arousal difficulty: In fact, sexual arousal in women might get inhibited due to vaginal lubrication but inadequate stimulation and anxiety may also be responsible to some extent.
- Problems in sexual activity – Women hardly feel interested in sexual activity which can be attributed to several factors which include hormonal changes, lack of desire, depression, pregnancy, menopause, lifestyle factors or issues and different kinds of specific medical conditions or treatments like chemotherapy or cancer.
- Painful intercourse: It is once again the sexual dysfunction which results in intercourse pains or ache because of sexual phobia or any physical disorder.
- Anorgasmia: Lack of knowledge, inexperience, anxiety and lack of desire may also lead to lack of orgasm or sexual climax which every woman wants during intercourse.
Types of sexual health disorders in women:
- Chronic disease
- Ovarian cysts, pelvic mass and vaginitis
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Scar tissue
- Chronic diseases
Treatment of sexual dysfunction:
- Healthy and regular communication
- Medications for physical problems and diseases such as cysts, cancer and pelvic mass
- Stimulation enhancement
- Intercourse pain minimization